The annual Green Schools Conference (GSC) is coming up and the Go Green Initiative is participating!
From February 27 – March 1, 2023 various schools, districts, and organizations working to make green schools a reality are coming together!
- Register by January 13 to take advantage of early bird rates
GSC promotes people who lead, operate, build & teach in U.S. schools
The 2023 program will address topics from environmental impact, health and wellbeing, sustainability literacy, equity and whole school sustainability. There will be 2 days of peer-to-peer focused learning where attendees can choose from the following:
- Educators & school leaders
- School district capital & facilities staff
- Non-school-based professionals interested in school design & construction
- Green school advocates & government and community partners
On the final day, keynote speaker Charles Eisenstein will cover:
- Connections between building & teaching, construction & curriculum
- Shifts in cultural belief system with all 4.
What GGI will be presenting at the Green Schools Conference:
We will be sharing about making a school district’s Sustainability Plan reality. GGI’s CEO, Jill Buck will be leading a panel with help from Rodney Williams, Newark Public Schools and L. Wayles Wilson, GGI & formerly Camden City School District to discuss:
- Strategies for planning and executing at the district level
- Cases studies of how even the most under-resourced communities are achieving the highest standards of sustainability
- Ways to launch successful Green Teams at district and school-level