What Are You Worried About?
What’s keeping you from being a full-throated supporter for sustainable schools in your city? I can tell you about some of the apprehensions I had when I first got involved in the green schools movement:
- When school leaders say, “It will cost too much,” I’m not sure what to say.
- If I cause waves, it might cause problems for my kids with a teacher or the principal.
- What if I’m the only person at the school who cares about this stuff? I can’t do this alone.
What Motivates You?
When I founded the Go Green Initiative (GGI) 16 years ago, I only knew 3 things:
- I wanted my kids to learn in a clean and healthy school building
- I didn’t trust that I could leave it up to others to protect the natural resources my children would need in the future
- I needed to educate myself on the issues to become a credible advocate
You’re Not Alone
If you want to #StandUp4Sustainability in your school community, the GGI can help you! We have free resources and recommendations to help you learn about environmental protection to effectively promote “going green” in your local school.
A Great Place to Start…
Step 1: Read the Go Green Planning Guide – learn how to get organized and set goals